Sunday, October 26, 2008

Analyzing usage of my little ol' blog

I have to admit I was a little excited to see proof on Google Analytics that some people (other than myself!) have actually visited my blog. What a neat little tool this is! I can just imagine how interesting and useful it would be to use it on a real site.

IE was the most popular browser used to view my blog (59.42%), followed by Firefox (37.68%) then Safari (2.9%).

Cable was the most popular means of Internet connection (71.01%) followed by DSL (11.59%), TI (10.14%) and Dial-up (4.35%...is that you, my buddy, JeHa?).

I'm sure these figures are skewed somewhat by my own viewing (I'm an IE/Cable user.) I like how Flickr gives you viewing stats that exclude yourself. It would be nice if Google Analytics could likewise be set up to disregard the blog/site owner's visits for a more accurate analysis.

1 comment:

Spung Mills History Room said...

Yep, I'm sure your dial-up user is li'l ol' me. :)